Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

I love the fourth of July. It's always fun. I'm proud of the red white and blue, and I'm grateful for our freedom.
We had the privilege of marching in our local parade with the Kiwanis guys, which the boys l-o-v-e. Kenny is a member and the boys help toss peanuts along the route. It's a bit of a talent to toss those peanuts because every so often we accidentally smack someone with the small bag or the toss is way off and an unsuspecting observer gets a whack on the head. We just say sorry, they laugh, we laugh, wave and keep walking. Everyone is happy.

She actually sat in the stroller the whole route! However, we did loose a sippy cup along the way somewhere.
While we were waiting for the parade to start we had the entertainment of a real drum line marching ahead of us. Aidan wants to be a drummer someday ... and just so happened to bring his drum along too! Saw this along the route ... now I've see everything. It pays to keep the camera strapped on at all times just to capture things like this. Seriously?!?!?
Had friends over later who brought these way cool bubble wands. What is it about bubbles that always brings a smile to kids and adults alike?

The best of buddies ... this is for you Cooper!
Love the 4th.
Love our friends.
Love our freedom.
Love summer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop