Friday, January 18, 2008

art journal - "feel"

Here it is. The unveiling of the "feel" journal page. It looks nothing like what I conjured up on paper a few days ago (see humble beginnings). I think I work better without a plan when it comes to making a piece of my art thoughts. I love the process of art evolving-as-I-go way too much to plan it out ahead of time. Thinking too much about it takes away from the joy of the creative process. Today ... this is what I think of when I think of the word "feel." I wonder what would happen if I were to create a page on the word "feel" each day for a week. What would come to mind each day? That's the beauty of art - it's limitless. I just love it. I also love that ART is in the eye of the beholder, which means ... I could think it's art and you could think it's junk, but that doesn't make it not art! To me it's beautiful ... to you it's just bad art. I'm messing with you.

Enjoy! I love being able to share these with whomever happens to be reading this blog. If it's weren't for this outlet ... all the joy would be sitting in my creative corner and my poor husband would be alone in trying to understand how cool these pages are. Sorry the scan is not so good - the colors are way more vibrant in person. A rather important part of a page that speaks so passionately of color!

2 comments:

Roo said...

I love your feel page - so wonderfully colourful

Candy Bello said...

color makes me feel alive too! Wonderful layout!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop