Friday, July 11, 2008

art camp - week three

We had so much fun today being messy, messy, messy!
We explored collage and mixed-media.
We discovered printing with bubble wrap and jar/tupperware lids.


This spells F-U-N. I noticed a couple of the kids come out of their shell. It's so fun and rewarding to watch them get inspired.
I even have some battle wounds in the form of red paint splattered on my green kitchen walls. Ah ... to have an art studio space someday where splatters won't matter. A small price to pay in the kitchen today ... it's so worth it to see these guys beam with pride and a sense of pure joy.

Today turned out better than I'd hoped.
I love these little artists.
They inspire me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kid had so much fun yesterday! Thank you very much for providing an outlet for their creativity!
L

Angel said...

WOW ! Their art is beautiful ! You are amazing... sharing your time & talent with these children... I bet they will forever remember this Summer at Art Camp! Oh, and I just gotta get some bubble wrap !

Laura said...

We are all about the bubble wrap now...Auntie Am has provided an ample supply (you know how she just pulls stuff out of thin air)! Thanks for sharing your time and passion with my kiddo and the others. You're sparking creativity in some and providing kindling for others. What a gift!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop