Thursday, July 3, 2008

He's in control ...

As I sat in the kitchen with my coffee this morning, thinking about the day, I was wishing I had a plan for the day. So I shot up a prayer that said something like this "God, please bring order to our day, give me something creative to do with my kids so we don't kill each other today." Yes, a genuine heartfelt mother's prayer. Then I saw this.


The cross is hanging in our kitchen window from a Vacation Bible School project my kids did a couple of weeks ago. Then my daughter joined the picture ... what a bonus!

Our summer days go so much more smoothly when I have a plan, and I begin to feel a little panicky if I'm facing three children and no plan as to how we'll break up the day. The original plan was to go to Lincoln Park Zoo in the city, but we'll be going downtown again this weekend and with gas prices the way they are ... I think we'll just make the trip once this weekend. Life is so overwhelming in so many ways. I know God's in control, but it's good to see a glimpse of Him in person once in a while ... .like the rainbow. This little silouette from the morning sunshine through the kitchen windows is God telling me he's still here. I love noticing Him in the little things ... it keeps my prespective fresh and positive. Take some time to look for Him today, would you? He wants to show himself to you ... but you have to be looking for Him. And then when you see Him and you smile, hold it close until the next time He shows Himself to you.
Hugs & Blessings to you today.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Thanks for that reminder! Life is always better when He is first in our life. Sometimes it gets crazy... with my life of 3 kids , so thanks for sharing your
"moment" God Bless you all... enjoy the rest of your Summer!

lizwiththree said...

wow that i just an incredible picture-just loving god and life. that really lifted me up right now. thanks

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop