Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blessed ...

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above." I can't remember where to find that but it's scripture. (Edit: James 1:17, thanks Lina!) God is good to us! Just yesterday we were blown away with blessings one after the other! I'm so grateful - God opened the floodgates of His love on our family yesterday and it overflows into today. What a beautiful thing ...

1. We were given a bounty of groceries by a dear friend ... just because ...
2. A friend found tickets to Wicked for $21.75 and we're going in February!
3. My husband brings home a 32" TV that was given to him for free by a customer who had upgraded to a plasma tv. (32" is huge compared to the 19" we're accustomed to!) Kenny installed it last night and surprised the boys with it this morning.
4. We received a very generous anonymous gift by someone who knows us well. Just to use in a way that would be a blessing to us!
5. I was able to work on our christmas card all afternoon! What joy - I feel like I've rediscovered Christmas. Here are the results of my zoning out in my creative spot. To me ... Hope is the center of Christmas!
Front: the exposed section of text is Jeremiah 29:11-13Back
copyright 2007 all rights reserved

Wishing all my readers and their families many happy memories and lots of hope in the coming year!

1 comment:

Mateo y Lina Reed said...

Julie,
I knew you were creative, but never thought HOW creative you are!!! I was blown away by your work. Very inspiring.
Thanks for the reminder on James 1:17. ; )
Lina

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop