Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Refurbished

I just wanted to show off a piece that I did shortly after my daughter was born. I was craving creative time once I began to get more sleep so, inspired by Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista, I set out to refurbish a $5 garage sale coffee table. I love the result. I was looking to make a statement in my living room and this does it! I carved my own rubber stamps and everything! The orange flower is one of the stamps I carved. I traced the outline of a flower from my living room curtains and transferred the image to a piece of E-Z cut printing block and carved out my own stamp! What a blast. The printing block feels like a giant white eraser. You can slice it to whatever size you need for your stamp. One sheet can yield many stamps. Way more fulfilling, creative, and cost effective - though I like to use the rubber stamps from the local stores as well. This was so fulfilling. Ahhhh ... (note to self: remove baby and kid paraphernalia from background of photos in the future)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop