Friday, February 8, 2008

artist at work ...

It's so fulfilling to complete a commission. I'm always surprised when I decide a portrait is done ... just a couple of hours earlier it feels like I have days of work ahead of me and then all of a sudden, it looks complete! It's so funny, it's just one of those things ... here are a couple of pictures ... one of a work in progress and one of the finished piece!!



Edit: You can see other examples of my portrait work on my flickr site . You can also see a few of them in my etsy shop. Let me know if I can do one for you!

1 comment:

Erin Neiner said...

what a beautiful portrait!!! WOW...great job!! I am impressed!!! I totally understand the feeling of...one more layer, one more stroke, one more swipe...

I LOVE your picture where you are drawing! Its a great shot/angle!! AND...I love your shirt!! :)

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop