Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy valentines day!

Well, our family apparently knows what valentines day means. One of the morning's best quotes ...

Hunter says to Aidan ...

"Since I'm so generous ... I'm going to give you one of my fun dips!"

... Oh my. I think his motivation was out of love for his brother?!? Kenny and I just burst out laughing.

On the other hand, I get to extend my valentines day through Saturday because of the sacrificial love of my husband!! It started this morning with this
And a waffle iron I already knew about ... ooooooohhh just what I always wanted! Not. But my man's intention (besides getting to buy a new appliance that only he will use) is to make me a late breakfast in bed Saturday morning. You see ... I get to be out on the town Friday night with my fabulous girlfriends for dinner and WICKED!!! He's manning the kids so I can sleep in on Saturday and then enjoy a leisurly breakfast in bed ... I'm sure it will also include children climbing all over me and the breakfast tray, sharing my breakfast from my fork ... however ... the dunkin' donutes coffee is mine.

One last picture of the after-school-valentines-party-spread. I asked Hunter to give me a smile for the picture ... his response ... "Ex-cuse me?" Can you see the attitude? Oh good grief ... I thought he was 7, not 13!?!

Much love! xoxo

2 comments:

meg duerksen said...

hey julie.
hope your day turned out great.
waffles sound good for our dinner i think.
i love your portrait a few post back.
that is such talent!
take care.
-meg

Anonymous said...

I like to grab a cup of coffee and read through a few days of your online journal. Thank you for sharing your simply passionate life. Its reality computer! L

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop