Sunday, February 17, 2008

art journal - "emotion"


the word prompt this week was emotion. i started this page last weekend, at which point i was in a rather confused and desperate state ... looking for answers to some tough questions. the week has ironed itself out, by god's grace, and fortunately i finished the page yesterday in higher spirits. i often wonder what the page would have turned out to be if i had done it on a different day. the outcomes are seemingly endless ... you can see all of the interpretations of the different word prompts in this art journal flickr group ... it's just amazing!!

2 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

this is great!! I really like your style! It kind of reminds me of some of my college notes!!! :) Your colors are fabulous. What do you use??? I also love that quote you used. WOW...how true!!!!!!

my hubby and I went to wicked when we visited my family this past summer. it was awesome! oh, how I miss the city!! (we live in MA!!)

Julie said...

thanks erin! I used water color on this one ~ just colored in my doodles! most other pages i use acrylics, sometimes i use them full strength and sometimes i use them mixed with a glaze to be translucent. so fun.

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop