Wednesday, February 27, 2008

weekend getaway ...

It's Wednesday and I'm still dreaming of the weekend I just had. It was our annual girls getaway weekend with my mom and two sisters ... oh ... and one boy ... my 5 month old nephew tagged along. I intended to take pictures of our weekend, relaxing in front of the fire, scrapbooking, reading, watching movies ... ahhh ... but all I took pictures of was my adorable nephew!!

Will and Aunt Mandy We did color Krista's hair ...twice (she's the mom of little Will)
Photo session success!
When I got home on Sunday, the boys were playing in the snow ... the first thing they said to me was ... "Mom, can we have gum?" (I carry the gum stash in my purse).

Me: "Sure. Did you miss me?"

The boys: "No." And then they proceeded to tackle me, pile up on me, fight for my lap, and plead for tickles ... I'll take that as little boy style, "We really missed you mom and we're so glad to have you home!" It feels good to be missed.

Over the course of two days I swear my daughter grew up! She prefers walking over crawling all of a sudden, can stand from sitting instead of making it over to something to pull up on ... AND she welcomed me with a big, "HI!" "HI!" Oh my gosh ... could it be her first word? It's so good to get away ... and sometimes it's just as good to come home ...

She's also developed an interest in her babies! She drags two of these around ... arm around the neck/strangle style ... poor babies. We've never had baby dolls around here before ... she talks to them and everything! Cute.

Wistfully watching big brothers play in the snow ...
Life is good ... and spring is right around the corner! I'm so glad winter always turns to spring ... aren't you?

1 comment:

meg duerksen said...

that last picture is precious.
i love how girls love on their baby dolls.

it's funny to see krista...because i barely knew her but there is someone here in kansas that looks so much like her that i think of her (baby-sitting for the lindseys) often.

weird i know.

i love your journal entry too.
did you see jenny came to kansas?
-meg

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop