Friday, February 29, 2008

art journal - "magic"

Interesting word for this week. Magic. There are so many magical things about life. Spring, a toddler discovering snow for the first time - trying to pick it off her finger only to watch it disappear the second she trys to touch it, fresh snow on trees, watching a momma cardinal feed her babies, children laughing, watching my daughter walk everywhere just for the joy of the new accomplishment, my wedding day, how God's word speaks directly into my life, watching His plan for me unfold, watching how He changes hearts, the reward of trusting Him with everything in my life. All of these things are magical to me. But as I sat down, I chose to focus on the magic of "the first kiss." I'm thinking of my first kiss with my, now, husband. That evening was magical. I think it's the night I fell in love with him. The electricity ... the rush ... the la la land it put me in. There's something magical about young love ... especially when it's real and mutual and not lust. But the magic doesn't stop. There's also something magical to the commitment love that we have for each other. It hasn't been an easy 10 years, but we're richer for it. Our love is deeper. And we both know that no matter what, we're in it together until death do us part. There's peace and stability and magic in that too. It's not a I-take-you-for-granted commitment of love, but a we're-built-on-a-strong-foundation kind of love. Beautiful. But I will never forget our first kiss.

I'm a little disappointed in the scan of this ... you can't see the silver pen - girl is wearing a bracelet, necklace and earring and all the magical scrolling things are silver ... this page looks better in person. Background is pastels, I used bubble wrap to print the polka dots with acrylic paint, the bodies are scripture to reflect how my husband and I bring a foundation of faith into our relationship ... it turned into a funny little page. I like it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop