Friday, February 1, 2008

one year old ... where did it go??

It was a snow day today ... really really beautiful. The boys were home from school so we thought we would try to document some of Kiana's birthday ... originally Hunter was going to bring Kiana to school for show and tell ... because it was her birthday (and because he simply adores her and needed a good excuse to show her off!) So the day was pretty uneventful ... but documented nonetheless ...
Good morning!! It's my birthday!!
First to the bank and a couple of groceries ... especially bananas we go through bananas like water ...

Oh no!! Mom please not the craft store!! Oh pleeeeaaase!! We're going to die!!!! Yes, my toes are bare, shoes and socks stay on for about 1 second. I hate them.

This was one of my first birthday presents from my friends, I love these! ... Please oh please will someone help me open my graham crackers? I'll eat through the wrapper if it have to ... I've tried it before ...

Practicing walking ... I'm getting so good at it and I like it! But crawling is so much easier.

Oh my goodness. I can't believe it! Kiana is one year old today! She is so turning into a little toddler with so much personality and little quirks that are just hers. There are so many things I love about her.

She has introduced pink into our home, I used to avoid pink but now I can't get enough of it. She brings tights, dresses, barretts, mary janes, ruffles, patent leather, cap sleeves, did I mention pink? to our home. When I give her a kiss, she almost always leans in to get more. I love her warm breath on my cheek when she rests her head on my shoulder at bed time. I love whispering truths into her ear just before I lay her down, that's she's beautiful on the inside and the outside, that she's loved and loveable, that Jesus loves her and that I love her. I love that she dances when she hears music, anytime, anywhere. I love her smile with all the little spaces between her 8 teeth, her little nose all crunched up, and her eyes get all squinty. I love that her eyelashes are so long they practically touch her eyebrows. She delights in fitting into small spaces like baskets, boxes, drawers, and nooks between the couch and wall causing me to freak out because she was there when I left the room and somehow disappeared when I returned. She gives these adorable wet open mouth kisses. I love how excited she gets when you present her with a graham cracker. I love how independant she is, fearless to climb a chair that has rungs like a ladder, loves to explore even if she knows you're not following her. She knows what she wants, I love that. Her blue eyes sparkle. Her world is filled with people who really love her. She's such a blessed little girl. And we are so blessed to have her in our lives. I know God has a great plan for her - she's a gift to our family, straight from heaven. I can't wait to see what her passions are, what interests she gravitates to. I believe strongly that the desires of a child's heart that consistently crop up or are articulated as "when I grow up ... " are a window into the purposes God has for them as an adult. It's a reflection of how they're wired and created deep down inside. I'm looking forward to watching Kiana blossom into what God created her to be in the coming years. Life is rich. Happy 1st Birthday little Kiana!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop