Monday, February 25, 2008

art journal - "fly"

Wow ... what a week. I've been able to take a couple of minutes today and finally put together this week's journal page. I believe when we embrace who we really are - we are beautiful - and our soul can really fly.


I actually started over from my first ugly attempt. I glued a black and white printed tissue paper over my mistake - you can see the colors through the white areas. One of the four butterflies reflects the decision to be yourself, not a cookie cutter of everyone else. I also stapled a transparency over the entire page and journaled on top with a white paint pen.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Hey ! This sounds like a little piece of my life! Found you on flikr... Emily's art journal challenge! I love your work and style! I just purchased a bookmark ! Do you do sketch portraits of 3 in a snapshot?I always enjoy learning A a bit about other creative moms...
esp mom of 3 ... esp mom of 2 boys then came little girl! I have boys age 7 & 5 and my girl is 2 !
Handsome boys you have & your little girl is beautiful... those eyes! " ~sugar & spice and all things nice... right!" LOL. I ma here... lifeccc.blogspot.com !

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
I absolutely love this butterfly picture and the thought that goes with it! How beautiful!

Thanks for your inspiration with all your creativity!!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop