Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Art Journal

I'm starting my first art journal ever (inspired by Emily's challenge - great tip Megan!). I'm not waiting for my new corner to get organized. Why organize when you can make a mess creating? The bigger the mess the more fun I'm having. My creative corner will never be featured in a magazine! I'm okay with that. Here's my art journal cover page for 2008. I have a few "resolutions" featured on the cover ... in addition to "trust for today" from my prior post ... some are "lions" some are not (you'll have to listen to this great audio sermon "Chase the Lions" to understand that one!)
1. trust for today
2. date husband 1x per month
3. get up at 6am daily
4. launch kdk newsletter
5. do art journal page 1x per week (it might take me all week)
6. learn graphic art illustration software (coreldraw or illustrator)
7. be a bright light in our school and neighborhood (forgot to include this one on the cover-maybe it will be a page all it's own!)
2008 cover

a fabulous mess.

1 comment:

meg duerksen said...

you are going to get so much from making that journal julie.
cant' wait to see more from it.
i am just feeling the itch to make something...ANYTHING.
need to get over this lazy winter tiredness.
see ya.
-meg

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop