Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two thoughts for today ...

First thought: I'm loving this "trust for today" adventure. (Yes, I realize it's only been 12 days and I have 353 to go. What can I say - I'm an optimist!) I believe it's going to transform my life. Yes, trusting for today sounds like a scary venture because I have no idea what God is going to ask me to trust Him for as the year unfolds. But ... it doesn't matter! As I work through my first month of trusting the Prince of Peace for today I'm finding so much joy and peace in it. I could get freaked out about so many things right now. Trusting for today is allowing me to enjoy my kids, the smell of fresh brewed coffee, the glimpse of sunshine that came out for a couple of seconds in this gloomy midwest winter. I'm finding time be creative, and can create freely because I'm not worrying. I'm finding that I'm not distracted and irritable because of worrying! No. I believe in God's sovereign plan for our lives. I believe we get in the way when we don't trust him, because we begin to make our own plans to solve the problems of tomorrow. We don't allow him to work when we begin to scramble for solutions. Rest, trust, and believe in his love and care for me. That's what I'm feeling these first few days of 2008. God, help me to remain here for the rest of 2008. There's a lot of freedom in trusting for today.


Second thought: The first word from the art journal challenge that I'm doing is "commit." Pregnancy and marriage are what I think of right now. Pregnancy, you're body is changing and you are committed to childbirth weather you like it or not! And then you're committed to to this little person who so desperately needs you (scary). Marriage, we're committed to each other until death do us part (safe). What do you think of when you think of the word "commit?"


P.S. have you noticed I've discovered hyperlinks? I got a little hyperlink happy in the former post ... sorry.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop