Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Today is a good day - the first of 2008. It snowed. Just beautiful. It's going to be a good year. There are many promising things around the corner and I'm excited and hopeful about it. Here's a brief list of what I'm looking forward to. My daughter is almost walking. Ken is going to become a licensed home inspector - a new direction for the business but I believe God's hand is in it, classes start Jan. 15th! (This will be in addition to the home improvement efforts). Since baby girl came, I lost my creative space to her bedroom. Over the weekend we've created a new creative corner for me in our bedroom - I can finally leave my work out and work on it as I'm able, with all of my supplies at the ready. Joy! 3ft x 4ft and some shelves is all a creative girl needs! (And a good attitude). Pictures to come.

The Sound of Music was on TV the other night. I love it - but I keep singing "these are a few of my favorite things." The boys have asked me to stop. I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that make me smile, bring me joy, and remind me of people I love.

Two of several mosaic mirrors I have scattered throughout the house. Color makes my heart sing!

This is my "friend lamp." 90% of the flowers you see on it were donated by a couple of dear friends - it was probably two years ago. I was inspired at a flea market and bought the base but I never could have afforded what it would have cost me to cover this shade in combination of vintage and beaded flowers the way it is now. Good friends are a treasure, I will never give this lamp away. It's priceless.

Our amazing children.

Red hair and blue eyes.My husband doing his neighborhood snow blowing ministry.(Can you see him down the block? He's next to the tree on the left).

Snow angels.My absolute favorite coffee mug.
Sleeping babies.

Happy New Year! Trust God for each day, one day at a time. Hold on to His hope for tomorrow.
Matthew 6:34 "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
Philippians 4:6&7 "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all that he's done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. his peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
God bless your 2008. Join me in trusting for today, and hoping for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog--artistic and spiritual inspiration are great. I love that you are focusing on what you have--and not what you don't have. That's true inspiration, and a great way to start out the new year!

Kiana is gorgeous. Love seeing the newest pics.

And I still love that lampshade! Any new creations in motion? Can't wait to see them!

Blessings!
Melissa

meg duerksen said...

i love that lamp...i bet i know who donated the beaded flowers. :)
i want a lamp like that.
it's beautiful.

i was here today and thought you'd like her. maybe you already know about her...but just in case you don't.
www.embers.typepad.com
have a great day.
-meg

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop