Thursday, January 17, 2008

Look who's 40!

We celebrated a 40th birthday today and it wasn't mine!! What fun. A day to make my honey feel special. I do not know how the ladies do it who prepare meat and potatoes daily - it took me all day. I suppose they don't all have small children still at home. We had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Yum. All faves of my dear husband's. Food is definitely the way to this guy's heart. We made it fancy. The boys thought it looked like a fancy restaurant. I set the table with a white table cloth (actually a white sheet for lack of a nice table cloth) and candlesticks we got as a wedding gift 10 years ago. Candles borrowed from my hospitality queen friend and a huge bouquet of helium balloons from my cookie garden gift basket king and queen friends!! :o) What a great community of friends. You know who you are. Thanks for helping make my Ken's 40th birthday special. Everything turned out perfect. He was surprised and loved it. Life is just beginning at 40 ... I just know there is so much to come in our future.



Ken's cupcake tower birthday cake. With almost one year Kiana wanting to touch the fire!


A view from the inside. I left a message for Kenny with window paint on our front window. Yes, I had to write backwards. Wishing I was dyslexic. I had to turn around and pretend I was writing from the outside to be sure my letters faced the right way. Fun.


Too bad it was dark when he got home.


I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Cleaning windows.



Maybe Aidan will help me ...




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop