Sunday, May 18, 2008

a different kind of artist ...

... we have an escape artist in our home. Does it look like she's on the same side of the door as her mommy? This is a regular occurance. The door doesn't automatically latch every time the boys or anyone else pops in and out of the house ...


And ... she's a very silent escape artist.

"Who me?" ... Um, yes you've been caught ... again. So, here's my weekend in a nutshell. Our community has a village wide garage sale once a year in May. It's the best ... if you have cash to spend. Which I don't. However, I put my double stroller out (which has been in the garage for at least a year and a half) and it sold in a jiffy. Wallah! Instant cash! $20 in the pocket. So my mom and I pack up and decide to go for a drive around the neighborhood to see what's out there. One of the first houses we see has this hoop in the driveway. I think No way ... I've been considering something like this for the boys! I have to see what they're asking ... for sure like $75 or something. I find out they're asking $35 ... hmmm ... and they're willing to negotiate. "I have $20 in my pocket. That's all I've got." They took it!! God's provision ... without my even asking. So my boys got a new hoop. It's adjustable and everything. My handy husband whipped it up Friday night and ta-da! The boys are in heaven which means mom is too. That also brought a quick end the the garage saleing. No more cash -but well worth it.
We also did some weeding to clean out the never ending supply of weeds ... it rained since I last had a chance to get in there ... and more weeds have grown where I last weeded!!! Ugh!! It's almost as bad as laundry and dishes. She kept doing this ... so I took a picture. I told her and told her, "You're supposed to pull them, not eat them!" I'm hoping this will make her a very healthy child. I love chasing my 7 year old. His laugh is contagious ... and he loves the attention. This one was just because he didn't want his picture taken ... gotcha! And this one ... I don't even jump up and stand behind her anymore. I just watch her climb ... and sometimes fall ... as long as it's not from too high.
Oh my ... do you think my son needs new jeans? This is worse than I realized. They will be shorts tomorrow.

1 comment:

meg duerksen said...

that basketball goal is a true score...a garage sale high!
the sales here are NOTHING like IL.
i don't even bother. ever.
and it used to be one of my favorite things.
i am so happy for you!

your life looks crazy like ours...climbing and running and eating dirt. :)

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop