Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I want to be cute like this ...

Our computer has recently been relocated to a corner of the living room next to the front windows (since we've finally become wireless ... a little behind the times). When I'm petering away on blogs or emails, bills or my husband's business, I can see the neighborhood happenings of the afternoon ... sort of like a fly on the wall. Anyway, I was smitten with these two happenings last week. (The pictures aren't very clear ... I was taking them through my dirty windows!)

I wished I had seen the tricycler earlier, but he came up from behind. He was just the cutest thing - he probably should have had one of those bright orange triangles on his basket that you see on the back of trackers or the Amish buggy's in Indiana. (That's the only place I've ever seen them anyway). Adorable.

Another day, these sweet little ladies were just out on a walk, with their sweaters wrapped over their shoulders - they decided to sit on the bench at the park and just sit awhile chit chatting about their grand kids or the loud teenagers next door or "do you have a blog?" or something. They were equally as cute.

No one was in a hurry. I imagine there was a lot of life experience represented in these three individuals. Their seasoned perspective of life told them to enjoy the sun on a tricycle or on a walk with a friend. Sounds nice. I'd like to learn to embrace that before I'm 80. If I forget to, then I hope I'm at least as cute or have a tricycle like that. Maybe my grand kids can ride in the basket. :o)

1 comment:

Angel said...

Aren't they so sweet! I hope you have a Wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday ! ( challenge on my blog )

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop