Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial weekend ...

It feels good to be productive. Yesterday started with cleaning up the pop-up in preparation for the camping season. This will be our first full summer using it! We're so used to tent camping that this thing feels like a mansion! I'm so excited. It will make heading out for a weekend of camping so much easier. All these years I've hauled everything down and then back up into the attic for every trip. As we added kids, it meant more stuff. So, currently everything except the bedding, clothing, and food are housed in the camper. We just hook it up and drive away! I expect it to shorten the amount of prep time for these getaway weekends from two days to an afternoon. :o) That makes me very happy.


Got the boys some water guns and a bucket of water .. We (Kenny) made some serious progress on our garden project. See the before pictures in recent previous post. You'll notice that the chicken wire fence came down, Kenny removed the top 6x6 boards to make the garden level with the ground. I intended to use these 6x6 hunks of wood as the "walls" for the individual garden plots, but we found an even better use for them.They are now they are the foundation for our club house! I just love repurposing! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We're going to use decking boards as the floor and some scrap 2x4s for the frame. It feels good to see a vision come to pass. I'm so grateful for a husband who is a good sport ... I realized this weekend I have a lot of new visions for our home ... and they all involve him. I'm the visionary, he's the executor. In other words, I create a lot of work for him. He's the best. Aidan put a flower in Kiana's hair - I thought that was so cute. He has a good sense of what is feminine. Not in a bad way, but he tells me he's glad I'm growing my hair longer, and he tells me he likes it best up in a barrette. He tells me to twirl if I'm wearing a dress or skirt. And he puts flowers in Kiana's hair. I love that. Lastly, this morning, my brother in law was ordained as a pastor. They layed hands on he and my sister and asked for a special anointing from the Holy Spirit as they move forward in serving in their call to the ministry. It was a big deal. What a privilege to be a part of this really important day for he and my sister. I wish I had more time to articulate the respect I have for the path they're taking. What a privilege.
As you enjoy your long weekend, remember those who have served and are currently serving on behalf of our country. Our freedoms have not come without a cost. Don't take them for granted. This is a picture of my husband when he served in the United States Marine Corps. He's so proud of his service. I'm so proud of him. He served during the Gulf war and Operation Just Cause.

I'm going to take a few days break from blogging - the deadline for my canvas project is this Friday, there are a gazillion things going on at school, etc etc etc, crazy week coming up. Mainly, I'm freaking out about these canvases. I'm going to stop caring about what they turn out to look like and just trust that my artist instinct is right on! :o) I'll show you the results that the end of the week! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop