Thursday, May 15, 2008

we have sprouts!

Garden planning, what fun. We have evidence of life from our seedlings! How exciting. It's been like waiting for a pot of water to boil ... every day we (I) check on the seeds to see if any little green things are poking their little heads out of the soil.


Hunter and I spent some time planning the layout of our new garden and clubhouse. I showed him how to measure the space that we had to work in and then count the little squares on graph paper to get our layout to scale. The original garden area measures (20'x15'). The big rectangle is going to be the clubhouse (6'x7'), the little squares (3'x3') are going to to each kid's own garden spot to plant whatever they want and take care of, and the two bigger rectangles are going to be cut flowers and veggies ... my garden! Much more manageable than taking care of that whole 20'x15' space all my myself. I'm so excited about the project and I'm excited that we're doing it as a family.


Pictures to come as we make progress!

1 comment:

Angel said...

can't wait to see it evolve! What a great project and a fun mom you are! I'm sure you are one girl that will always be welcomed in the clubhouse...

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop