Saturday, June 7, 2008

Art Show!

What a fun night! The Galaxie is a great venue! Here are the pictures from our first art show experience. Hunter and I came with a friend of mine, Sarah, and her family. Aidan couldn't part with his potty ... poor little guy. That was disappointing. I was looking forward to having Kenny there too. Another time ... another show .... maybe ... perhaps...

Me with my three canvases!

Sarah's brother was also an exhibiting artist in the show. He's an artist who exhibits all year at shows and is often the featured artist at some shows. He told me that I needed to create more and that it would show well! He said he would email a list of shows coming up in the area and if I had the time I should enter them! How cool is that?! I asked Sarah if he was just tooting my horn ... I was assured that he would not joke about that. That is my confidence builder for the evening. That excites me. Maybe I'll enter another show before the year is through. My mommy and business duties require too much time to commit to more than that. But knowing the opportunities are out there and a seasoned artist believes I could do it given the time ... that is very very cool indeed. Encouragement from another artist is priceless. Actually encouragement from anyone is priceless. :o)

Shots from the show ...



Mom and her canvas ... I'm so proud of her!
Mom had someone tell her that she loves all things cowboy and wanted to buy her piece!!! I'm so pleased about that for my mom. Total confidence builder. That's what this show has been all about. She's better than she thinks.

These were Hunter's favorite picks. There were all kinds of styles here ...

Sarah brought two of her boys to the show as well. Between our
three boys ... the butt crack got a lot of attention. Hilarious. (I think Hunter was intending to just point at the painting ... he is not seriously doing something inappropriate ...) The painting was actually quite good!

If you look behind Hunter, you'll notice that two children entered the show too ... isn't that cute? Hunter wants to enter next year. I would love that. This was such great exposure for the kids. To be in this kind of venue. In spite of the butt crack.

5 comments:

lizwiththree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lizwiththree said...

okay i made some errors in my spelling so here goes again. i love love love your art work. you are an amazing artist. you should be very proud of your art work. truly PRICELESS the amount of dedication you have to your art. good for you.

meg duerksen said...

way to go julie!

butt cracks? art does come in all forms but come on?

i love your family portrait wall!
adorable.
we need our motto out in the open too.
we say it over and over but it should be in writing.

have a great summer day tomorrow!

Angel said...

Julie ! Awesome work ! So glad you " leaped" into this venture!
Way to Go ! I love your pieces! Did your son ask to buy that piece ( of hiney ) ? How funny that would have been... bringing it home to your hubby & other son! Boys will laugh all day at that stuff! Maybe you should paint one... just for humor! Could hang in the bathroom... where else ?
Congrats... to you & your mom!

Erin Neiner said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! I remember a post you wrote awhile back saying something like, "I AM AN ARTIST. THERE. I SAID IT." And that has stuck in my head bc people ask the question and unless we do it full time or we get paid for what we do, we don't feel like an artist. BUT WE ARE ALL AN ARTIST in our venue!!! GREAT, GREAT work!!! What fun exposure. I can't wait to see what doors the Lord has for you!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop