Sunday, June 22, 2008

camping again ...

... this time it was our annual camping trip with my family - parents, siblings, nephew, everyone! This time we were at Kettle Moraine State Park (Southern Unit) in WI. Beautiful. After Friday night's pouring rain all night long ... it was a beautiful God given weekend.



There were never-ending "ice age" trails to explore. Lots of zipping back and forth on the hilly road at our campsite. Several rounds of "Risk" to be played (Hunter actually beat his Uncle Matt in one round!! Sorry Matt ...)
Music to be enjoyed by my dreadlock, guitar strummin' brother, Eric. I loved watching my same said brother lovin' on his only niece.And my genius little sister and her hubby brought this fenced in play area set up for the littlest campers - beautiful!
And bubbles for the middle aged campers (and foam airplanes, and stuff you throw in the fire to make the flames turn different colors). Did I mention ... they're amazing with kids?
Not quite getting the bubbles ...Will (my 8 month old nephew) having a major giggle fest watching his older cousins act like dorks. Lots of chillin' and story tellin' and general conversation that eventually led to laughin' till our sides ached. I would share some of the silliness, but it's one of those things where you had to be there. Oh my goodness, I'm still laughing. Even though I spent the weekend chasing my daughter and otherwise managing her many "moments" I felt so relaxed and actually felt like I had a chance to put my feet up. In nature. Away from home. Gorgeous.
It was great to be with you, family, love you and love how we're all growing and changing!! We have so many great years ahead of us!




2 comments:

Krista Pankau said...

Julie, awesome pictures. I love every one of them. Thank you so much for sharing your God given talent with us! We love you! -Krista

Anonymous said...

I think Hunter is the best guy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from your best bud Cooper

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop