Friday, June 6, 2008

summer or bust!!

School's out ... it's official. Hunter had one hour of school this morning to pick up his report card and say goodbye to his teacher. Silly to go for one hour but it's a state funding thing from what I understand ... whatever. Summer's Here!! (Car advertising inspired by my friend Laura who did this last year and I thought it was so fabulous and fun! Doing it every year I remember to!!) However ... sadly ... today's more of a bust for us. Aidan's home with the stomach flu which shelves most of the fun special things we were going to do to celebrate - considering they involve food and leaving the house - oh well, just postponed until everyone can enjoy the celebrations!

Aidan's preschool graduation was actually two weeks ago ... here he is with his celebration sundae. He was so funny about what he wanted to wear to graduation. We were discussing how special the event would be and he suddenly said, "Oh! I have to get my dress clothes!!" He has polo's and khaki's - that's how dressed up we ever get. Little did I know that he would actually dig out the suit that we have crumpled up in the dress up bin (left over from the one time my older son wore it for my sister's wedding two years ago!) Cute. I let him wear it - looked so sharp - overdressed maybe but he was so proud. The funny thing is that it didn't even need to be ironed - this is one time I was happy for 100% polyester. Ha! :o)

This is Hunter's summer attitude coming home from school today ... I asked him what the hand signs meant ... he didn't know ... I thought "Rock on!" perhaps?? He decided it meant that.

I wanted to show off our teacher gift idea in case it was something any of my mom readers want to stuff in their idea folder for next year. I read that teachers love gifts that their students make for them. I'm stumped for some reason. So I'm walking around Walmart at the last minute trying to come up with something meaningful but simple and affordable. Yes!! I saw these white bowls ($1). I've done this for grandparent Christmas gifts in the past but had not thought of it for teacher gifts until 8pm last night! Most creative supply stores sell porcelain paint pens ($4 each) that allow you to write on glass and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes making the decoration permanent. Dishwasher safe even! Every bit of this is Hunter's sentiments to his teacher - misspellings, phonetically sounded out words, scratch out mistakes, hearts, stars, everything. So cute. What a treasure.
Summer will still be here in full force once Aidan can separate himself from the bucket and the toilet. So ... here we come! Summer or Bust!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop