Monday, June 2, 2008

the sandy dunes

I think camping is my number one favorite thing about summer. We just returned from a weekend in the Warren Dunes State Park in Michigan. The boys call it "The Sandy Dunes." We love it here.
Hunter was trying to teach Kiana how to blow on the flower seeds and watch the wind take them away. This is what happens when you get a little too close.
The princess in her princess chair, thank you Spencer's!
This was our only real challenge ... Kiana figured out how to climb out of her pack and play ... at bed time ... I took this through the screen at one end of the camper. Caught!!
This is my second favorite thing about summer ... the Beach!!!
And of course ... you can't go to the dunes without climbing them ... this was taken about half way up a "small" one. The boys beat me by a mile...

Proof that we did it! When we came a few years ago with the boys, we climbed this dune and when Hunter got to the top he said, "Mom! You can see the whole world!" He beat me then too.
After hanging out for a while, playing with action shots ... going back down is the best part ... next to the view at the top ...

And then there's smores .... always ...

Ahhhh ... what a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

lizwiththree said...

wow you are such a great photographer-the angles you have are just so capturing. looks like soo much fun.

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop