Saturday, March 8, 2008

35 ...

Happy birthday to me! It was snowing this morning, which usually would be a guest that has worn out it's welcome, but today it was beautiful. They were big glittery snowflakes. I'll take a fresh snow over the grey ugly melty mess under it any birthday. All five of us (Kiana got it today) are still suffering from the uninvited guest named flu. We've discovered that we are no longer able to laugh as a family. Laughing throws all of us into a fit of coughing hysterics. It's horrible, we all laugh and it puts us into tears!

My 25 year old sister thinks 35 sounds old. I thought 35 sounded old at 25 too, but being that I'm now 35 ... it's not so old. I'm another year wiser, I have another year of perspective, I have another year of discovering who I am and who I am created to be under my belt. I'm more secure as a mom, I'm more secure as an artist, I'm more secure as a friend, and in who I am. I have so much more to learn and every year is just going to get better. Difficult .... maybe ... but better for it in the end. I wouldn't go back to 25 - those were great years - but I wouldn't go back and have to learn all I've learned all over again. Learning is not easy.

While everyone slept, sneezed, hacked, and watched movies at home I celebrated with an afternoon run to my favorite store ever ... all alone! I had intended to take pictures of all the pretty stuff, but I got so lost in my own dreamy land of all the possibilities ... I forgot to take pictures!
I bought home a new toy though. Water soluble oil pastels. I can't wait to play with them tomorrow! I've been longing for these for a while. Happy birthday to me ... time for a hot fudge sundae!

2 comments:

meg duerksen said...

happy birthday julie.
show us your new art stuff...i am not 100% sure what it is you bought.
i wish we had blick here. it is so easy to lose lots of time in there.

hope your birthday is wonderful. it is such a different perspective than when we were 25! you never can understand till you get there.
take care.

Angel said...

Happy B'day ! I am a March baby too ! ( well, not such a baby... 37 today actually) So, I hope your B'day was wonderful!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop