Friday, March 14, 2008

art supplies ...

I love playing with art supplies. I was asked, "what are water soluble oil pastels?" So ... I thought I'd do a little demo. My husband thought I was kidding ... of course it sounds ridiculous ... oil is not water soluble! Well ... these little babies are. I was drawn to these because of the deep saturated color they provide. Here's my first project playing with them ... I found them at Dick Blick.

You can either dip the pastel in water, start with wet paper, or draw dry and spray with water ... each technique gives a different effect.
I prefer the dip in water then color option. The water makes it so creamy and smooth!
The colors can be blended with your finger ....
And I've chosen to layer other paints and stamps. If you look closely you'll notice I actually doodled in the wet pastels before I layered on the paints. I forgot to take a picture of that part.
The finished piece! Now available in my etsy shop!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop