Friday, March 7, 2008

on the mend ...

We're finally on the mend. A whole week off of school and we ended on a great note! What a fun day Hunter and I had. He's feeling much better.

I started the day with carving my own stamps ... this is so addicting what a blast - it's like carving erasers - but it feels so artsy and creative and fulfilling.

Have you ever been annoyed with the spoon in your cup smacking you in the face when you try to drink your hot chocolate? Here's Hunter's solution. First brace the handle of the spoon on your forehead, then place mouth in the appropriate drinking position, then tilt head back to get every last drop without getting smacked with the spoon. Ingenious.

Then lick chocolate chip cookie dough. Poor baby ... still fighting the bug ... but everything is better when teddy is close by.
This topped the day off. Hunter kept watching me carve my stamps, I let him try it once or twice ... and already he was addicted - begging me if he could do his own. I was so hesitant. The materials cost money, the tool is sharp, blah blah blah. Once I got over the fears that he might slice a finger or something ... I just decided, I'll just be watchful and teach him how to use it correctly. The materials are meant to be used. I do want him to have opportunities to experiment - why am I holding this so closely?!? I can't tell you how much joy it brought me to watch Hunter get a kick out of carving his own stamp. He said, "I just love this mom!" He was so responsible and responsive to my direction and little tips on how best to use each attachment - by the end he was changing the attachments himself to suite his needs. It was awesome! He definitely has some creative talent and artistic drive.
Unfortunately ... after his stamp was done ... we realized that it was going to stamp backwards ... we had to start over and carve the stamp backwards so it would stamp frontwards ... you'll have to think about that one because I don't know how to make it make sense ... it was a bummer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop