Monday, March 17, 2008

to dye for ...

We dyed Krista's hair again ... darker!!!

Oh my gosh, do we look like sisters or what?! Look at our smile - it's identical! If our mom were in the picture you would see where we get it from. She looks sort of like this ...
... only a little older. Krista is mom's clone. It's a family joke. And now with the dark brown hair ... it's scary how much she looks like mom!!! I told her she's going to freak herself out when she gets a glimpse of herself in the mirror ... she's going to think Mom's in the bathroom with her!! Krista's new do looks so cool. What a fresh and stunning change. Thanks for letting me play beauty shop today Krista!

We also dyed Easter eggs this week. Mom and I discovered 3 tablespoons of vinegar makes the colors more vibrant - one bad thing ... our red didn't dissolve at all. The tablet just broke up into little floaties in the water and vinegar mixture ... no pink eggs this year. I love this ... a feast for the eyes!!
We even tried to make an egg that looked like the color poop. The boys loved that idea ... except I think we need the red dye to get a brown poop color. Ours turned out more like newborn baby green poop color ... with turquois spots. Ha! We've gotten some laughs out of it. I have to credit my friend Laura for the idea. Her family does it every year and then gives the egg to the person in the family who's had the crabbiest attitude that year. Hilarius.
So ... our family is adopting a new tradition ... at least the part of trying to get one egg as close to poop color as possible. I think it's great. It makes the boys day. I think my husband thinks I'm a dork ... and I have weird friends.

2 comments:

meg duerksen said...

love the egg pictures!
very very bright.

don't feel like you need to share the poop egg when you get it. :)

Anonymous said...

"Girlfriends help you make nonsense out of the world."
- Unknown

Glad to be one of your Wierdo Friends!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop