Sunday, March 16, 2008

art journal - "soul"

This week's word prompt was soul ... I thought about it a lot. How do you express the word that is the deepest part of you. The part that if you choose to expose it, you expose the most vulnerable piece of yourself. The soul is the core of who I am, the real me, the me that only those I fully trust know, or the part that only a select few take the time to see. I guess I decided to focus on the longing of my soul. The longing to be free. Free to be me, free to be a good mom, free to be more than a mom, free to be an artist, free to accept myself regardless of what others think of me, free to understand who I am as a child of God.
The more confident I grow and the more I embrace who I am created to be ... the more free I become in all areas of my life.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop