Monday, March 24, 2008

spring break ...

Well, I'm so mad, I forgot my camera for the big Easter egg hunt at Grandma's house yesterday. It was a fun time. She goes all out. Each grandchild is assigned a color and all 7 grandchildren run around the house looking for 10 of their own color egg. Even Kiana! Cute. They did great at not picking up each other's eggs! I wish I had captured some of the magic. All I have from Easter is a picture of the cutest little Easter teddy's! My mom made these for the kids ... they are about 4 inches tall, very cute!


This one's for you Nana!! Thanks for the cute teddies! These monkey's would not cooperate for a "cute" picture though ... this is the best I can do. :o)
Okay ... so this was our Good Friday .... not much of the spring break weather we were hoping for. So, to get over our disappointment today and regain ownership of spring break ... we decided ... since we can't go to the islands, we would bring the islands to our home! We put on leis and put on a little reggae (I know we're a little mixed up on the Hawaiian and Jamaican thing but I aim to go with what we've got). So, Hunter did the hula to calypso!
Then the calypso rockers came out of nowhere!

Walking through the parking lot to the grocery store we heard birds ... I tried to get them to pretend we were walking through the parking lot to the beach ...

"Pretend we're going to the beach! Do you hear the sea gulls guys?"
Whoosh ... big blast of cold air ...
"Feel the ocean breeze on your face?! Take a deep breath! Isn't it wonderful boys?"
"Mom ... I see snow."
"Then close your eyes!"

Yep ... I've really got them hangin' with some fun surprises this week ... besides my lame attempt to fake us all out and think we're in Florida or Hawaii or Jamaica ... what I can do is surprise them with lunch stuff I wouldn't normally buy, special breakfasts that I wouldn't normally make, tropical type dinners (ham and pineapple ... does that count?) ... just trying to keep spring break fun in spite of the 30 degree weather and snow ... we do plan to swim this week! ... in an indoor pool.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop