Sunday, March 23, 2008

art journal - "begin"

So many ways to illustrate "begin" - the word prompt for this week (click on the highlighted word to get to the page where I get all of the word prompts for each week). All these things go through my mind ... the fact that each day is a new day ... God's grace is new every morning ... don't put off for tomorrow what you can do for today ... life at birth is a new beginning ... it's never too late to begin - to go to school, to learn something new, to start something you've always dreamed of.

Being that today is Easter Sunday, my mind is drawn to the new beginning we have when we come to accept Jesus gift of his life on the cross in place of ours. Forgiven is written on my life because of Jesus sacrifice. Today we have the privilege of celebrating Resurrection Sunday!! I believe Jesus is alive and prepares a place for me in heaven. I believe that there is a heaven and there is a hell. I believe that what Jesus said is true in John 3:3 "...I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." And John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him, will not perish but have eternal life." None of what Jesus ever said relates to good works getting us to heaven. It's all about His grace to forgive us when we don't deserve it. We'll never be good enough - we are born sinners. Have you ever lied or judged someone? We had a gifted man speak at our church this morning. Mark Cahill. He was so inspiring with his passion to share what he knows about Jesus. Not just believes about Him, but KNOWS about him. Mark's faith and experience with talking with those who have had near death experiences ... both near heaven with "seeing the light", as well as near hell, with experiencing the closeness of death and darkness. It was eye opening, convicting, and placed a sense of urgency on my heart. Both places exist and both places are for eternity when we leave this life ... which we will. I urge any of you who read this blog to pick up a Bible, any bible. Read the gospel of John, or any gospel. Explore Jesus for yourself. Find out if this Jesus is for you ... you won't be sorry ...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop