Saturday, April 26, 2008

am i complaining too much?

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." Maya Angelou

I'm getting the feeling that I've been complaining a lot lately, not necessarily on the blog, but in real life. That's the beauty of a blog. You can express the attitudes you want to, and hide the yucky parts of your day. Well, here I am confessing, I need an attitude change. I saw this quote on my friend's blog and said ... that's for me today! I must change my attitude ... because I can't change the fact that my daughter is a BUSY toddler and my son is a preschooler - two very difficult ages for me to deal with right now. I am not a very patient person.

So ... right now, we're going to plant seeds. The boys and I have big plans for our large garden area this summer. It's too big an area for me to manage alone. Baby girl is sleeping and I'm going to spend some quality time teaching my boys the joys of breaking down a big project into little projects. We'll start with planting the seeds of their choice ... planning the layout of the clubhouse and surrounding garden. Cleaning up the weed and branch ridden area that will eventually become a clubhouse and three little garden spots ... one for each kid to plant, care for, and enjoy. I can't wait to do this project with them. They are actually enthusiastic about it!!! Pictures to come. They are calling me ... must run and play outside and change my attitude in the sunshine with my kids by my side. I WILL enjoy them this summer and not be frustrated - I hate living with a bad attitude.

Edited to add pictures: It's amazing what a little time outside enjoying my kids does for the attitude.


BEFORE
... this used to be full of perennials and vegetables. Last year it got so overwhelming to maintain - I couldn't do a thing with it because of the exhaustion of having an infant around. No time to garden at all. My dear husband tried to kill the weeds with weed killer and it killed everything. A sad sad sight. But a good opportunity to make something new out of it. I can't wait for the transformation and I love the fact that the kids are big enough now to get in on the planning, the work and reward of it! Can't wait to see the little seedlings sprout in these. The boys each have their own. I have a very vague idea of what I planted in the rest because we had some little visitors from down the street who wanted to "help."
So I told them, if they want to do the fun part of planting seeds, they have to help weed too!
Haley was so cute, she told the boys, "Hey guys, would you please leave me alone! I'm trying to do some serious work here!" She was very focused. I was telling them all at one point, "Make sure you get the roots out, don't let me down guys!" Haley said, "Mrs. Kittredge, I won't let you down." Cute.
They worked so hard. Here the boys are working on some left over Iris's- I think I may try to save those.
Part of changing my attitude. Photo shoots of my beautiful daughter. She refuses to look at the camera though ... makes for some great non-posed shots ... not so great when it's always the top or back of her head though. :o)

Ahhhh ... that was fun. I'm feeling better. Just need a good night sleep now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop