Tuesday, April 29, 2008

signs of spring ...

This was our rainy day project yesterday. Aidan has been begging and begging for me to teach him how to sew. He wanted to sew a pillow for Teddy. I was so proud of him for wanting to try something new. He was frustrated at first, deciding that it was boring and not fun at all. I made him finish the project and by the time he was done he decided it was fun after all, but didn't want to ever do it again. :o) I'm okay with that. At least he tried and finished it. The temperatures are chilly here this week, so with today's overcast but dry sky we were determined to get a walk in today. Aidan desperately wanted to take Teddy for a walk in the buggy someone gave us last summer, so we wrapped him (Teddy) in a blanket (because apparently he was not feeling well) laid him on his newly sewn pillow and off we went. Both of us with camera in hand to capture signs of spring.


Here is a sample of a picture Aidan took. It happens to be my favorite. It's so funny, to me it shows his perspective of the world. Most of his pictures were of the school, houses he liked, and shots down the street of a tree somewhere in the distance. He would say "Oh!" stop in his tracks and compose his shot. My heart swelled with joy to watch him excited about using the camera and having the freedom to take pictures of whatever interested him.
What a nice way to start the morning.

1 comment:

Angel said...

It's a chilly week here in PA too!
I love your shot of the tulips! There's some Spring bloomin' on my blog too! Happy Spring!

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop