Sunday, April 27, 2008

photo shoot

Our family has a tradition of having family movie night on a Friday or Saturday night where we convert the couch into a bed and hang out as a family to watch whatever movie we've picked out from the library. Rather than watch the movie, Kiana loves to roll around on the bed, peek over the edge and otherwise climb the cushions. The golden evening sun was streaming through our windows so I decided to follow her around the bed and see what we could get. These are my favorites. I'm not sure why this one got so foggy, but I like it!


I've been wanting to introduce the boys to photography without having to pay for film ... so I told the boys they could share my "old" Kodak digital as long as they show they can be responsible with it. Responsible use = privilege of using a real camera. Irresponsibility = loss of said privilege. Last night I was teaching Hunter how to "fill the frame" when he's composing a shot. Aidan seems to have a natural eye for it. Sadly the battery died today ... they are going to have to contribute to a battery fund for this thing if their interest continues to be as zealous as it seems ... we'll see if the interest continues or the novelty of using a real camera wears off. Time will tell. I'm excited to open up a new world for them and with them though, even if the interest is higher at times. I figure one of them might have a real knack for it ... how will I ever know if I don't give them the tools to find out!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop