Thursday, April 3, 2008

studios

Getting the mail today threw my whole afternoon. Arriving today is the much anticipated issue of "studios." Ahh ... I spent about one second considering what I had intended to do while the boys were at school and the baby napped ... fold laundry, organize "studio" space, work on project that has a self induced deadline of Saturday, tidy kitchen .... okay, read "studios" knowing that if I don't drink it in now, it will be many days before I'm able to crack open the pages and ooze over each studio description. It's was bliss. There were organization tips, descriptions and pictures of different sized studios from huge and spacious, to 4 ft x 4 ft closets, to a giant tote bag (busy mom!). Inspiring.
I love looking at other artists studios, hearing their tips and tricks, and just getting a peek into their creative space. Love it.
Here is my humble 4 x 4 space. :o) I have many happy evenings here. Often wishing I had more time. And oh how I long for a room with a big work table or two all my very own. At least I'm not having to work out of a tote bag. The tidying of the work space will have to wait another day.
I'll leave you with a quote from the magazine. They asked artists what their favorite excuse was for spending time in their studio. Here's my favorite quote ... I actually laughed out loud ... "I have no sense of direction. I simply got lost and couldn't find my way out." Good one.

I'm known to say, "I'll be right back" and then take much longer than the "be right back" time allotment ...

**Edit: if you're interested in ordering this special issue for yourself - it's a great reference. Go here to order it!

1 comment:

Erin Neiner said...

this is fantastic. i've never heard of this mag. how great. i'll have to see if our B&N has it. right now i am packing up all my art stuff to be reorganized for a hopeful "studio" space. it will be rustic. but it will be my space. i'd love some specifics of how you have organized your stuff. i have so much to do but need to do it quick and i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

also, congrats on your canvas project. wow.

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop