Friday, April 18, 2008

show & tell

Hunter brought "Toadie" to show and tell today. His teacher was so great. She said he could keep him at school all day rather than have me bring him in for the special moment. (I had to do that last February when he wanted to bring Kiana in for show and tell - obviously she couldn't stay for the day!!) This was last February ... one week after her birthday!

Cute. He was so proud of her.

Today was Toadie's day. Hunter was so nervous and excited to bring Toadie in. I frankly can't stand Toadie. Kenny (my animal lover husband) rescued Toadie 6 years ago just before he ran him over with a lawn mower (he was a landscaper at the time). Yes ... this toad has lasted much longer than I thought he would when I said we could keep him. Along those lines, Kenny also adopted our mean water turtle "Cute" which has also lasted 5 years longer than I thought he would. I am not an animal person, can you tell? The kids and Kenny love them though ... that is the only reason why they stay... in cages I might add. Here's Hunter and his sweet teacher with Toadie first thing this morning.
This evening, Kenny thought it would be a great idea to let Toadie stretch his legs in the backyard before returning him to the safety of his cage ... Hunter was Toadie's fierce protector from the curious fingers of his little sister and the prowl of our 3rd and final pet Zoe.
I just don't know what these boys see in this warty, fat, toad. It's something in the blood that I just don't have. They really truly love him!
I guess while on the topic of pets I have to mention Zoe ... another adopted pet. She's been here for 2 1/2 years. She's a Shitzu-Poodle mix and turns 4 in May. So this time, I was the sucker that wanted my boys to have a dog growing up and in the process learn to love and take care of animals. I also knew it would be the gift of the century for my dog loving husband. Oh the sacrifices mom makes for the men in her family. It's a good thing she's cute.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Chicagoland, United States
I'm a creative spirit who, only recently, has discovered that I must do something creative every day. I love my three children. I love my hard working husband. I love experiencing God's goodness in everyday things and my deepest desire is to grow more in love with Him every day. I love worship, I love God's Word, and I love expressing the gifts he's given me through art and in my home. I am passionate about life and all things creative! All text, art, and photos are copyrighted 2007 - 2008 all rights reserved.

My Etsy Shop